With the Brunswick Family Campground being nestled on a secluded stretch of land between the Potomac River and the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal, there are plenty of attractions located within minutes of your camp site. Anything from river trips to antique shops to museums. There is entertainment nearby for all ages!
- Canoeing/Kayaking– Available May 30st- October 31st.
- Half Day: 6 mile paddle to Point of Rocks. Weekday start time: 11 AM Weekend start times: 12, 1 & 2 PM
- Full Day: 12 mile paddle to Mouth of Monocacy. Weekend ONLY start time: 10 AM
- Tubing. Float a gentle stretch of the Potomac River. Walk up river 3/4 mile and enjoy a lazy float back to the campground. Campers have tube rental for the day at $15 per person**
- Biking– Bike rentals are available on the scenic C&O Canal. The scenery along the tree-lined path is fantastic and there is ample room for peddling. The campground is about 6 miles from downtown Harpers Ferry, WV. **Biking & tubing are based on availability at a given time and equipment must be returned by 6:00 PM.
- Sunset Float– Enjoy paddling by the light of the setting sun. No paddling experience or equipment required. This trip is a guided kayak/canoe tour on the Potomac River. Perfect time to witness great blue herons, egrets, kingfishers and the occasional eagle. Reservations must be made in advance.
- River & Trail Outfitters offers a 10% discount on all tours to all Brunswick campers during their stay (except the zip line) No double discounts.
- Whitewater rafting, tubing, kayaking & canoeing
- Themed paddling tours, hiking trails and hiking group tours
- Brunswick Railroad Museum with its famous HO-scale model trains
- Brunswick Swimming Pool
- Antique Shops
- Brunswick rail yards and train station
- Civil War sites including Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, Antietam National Battlefield, Monocacy Battlefield Park, Gathland and Gambrill State Parks
- Ghost Tours in Harpers Ferry: The tour is a ‘Family & Dog Friendly’ Spooky Stories experience appropriate for most people of all ages.
- Nearby Restaurants: Beans n the Belfry, Potomac Street Grill, King’s Pizza, Penny’s Diner
- Nearby Brewery: Smoketown Brewery Station
- Nearby Stores: Jefferson Market in Jefferson, MD, Walmart in Charlestown, WV, Safeway in Middletown, MD, Weis in Frederick, MD